ASRC are delighted to be conducted research into a long-neglected topic – occupational violence, aggression and duty of care. We are endeavouring to undertake the largest cross-sector study into occupational violence in Australia. As a result, we hope to produce a document that will go some way to defining best practice for the management of occupational violence and aggression in Australia.
What is this about?
Workplace violence and aggression is a growing concern for many different industries, but research on the scope and severity of the problem in Australia is lacking. The ASRC is conducting a research project to address this dearth of data focusing on the following six industries:
- Public transport and air travel
- Private security industry
- Retail and customer service
- Liquor and hospitality
- Banking and financial services
- Healthcare and aged care services
Goals of the Study
- To establish academically verified set of best-practice recommendations for the management and prevention of workplace aggression and violence in Australia.
- Understanding the impact and importance of the reduction of physical injury and mental health issues.
We need your help!
We need the support or organisations willing to get serious about addressing this issue who are prepared to distribute our survey amongst their personnel. If you would like to assist, please contact the research coordinator.